Pamela started Taekwondo in 2006 for her children; she cleaned the studio at night to pay for their tuition. After seeing what the Martial Arts industry could do, not only for her family but also for the community, she fell in love with what she saw and started her own journey. On this journey, she helped a Martial Arts studio grow from around 40 students to just under 400, while also working as the beta tester for the Kicksite Martial Arts software. She wrote a Taekwondo curriculum for children ages 3-5 and grew that program to over 100 students.
She has been the “Team Mom” for her daughter’s competition team during their travels around the nation. She was also the formal Cadet and Junior World Champion Teams chaperone during their international travels for WTF competition. Pamela is now a 2nd Degree black belt and is still as passionate as ever for martial arts.
We asked Pamela
What do you do at Kicksite?
I started as the original beta tester for the management software Kicksite developed. I eventually came on board full time to work as the Kicksite Coach and Consultant. I help new clients with Kicksite by customizing their martial arts management software system and normalizing the data for import. Over the past 7 years with Kicksite, I have grown my knowledge for computers and now work directly with the programming team to supplement the advancement of the Kicksite system and troubleshoot issues and requests.
What’s your favorite quote?
Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.
What do you love about the martial arts?
- LOVE what it has done for my family
- LOVE what it can do for a community
- LOVE how Martial Arts has something for EVERYONE! (you just need to find the right art, right studio and right instructor)
- LOVE how Martial Arts uses your strengths to improve your weaknesses
- LOVE that it does not discriminate (age, gender, athleticism)
- LOVE that it helps a person become the best version of themselves
- LOVE that the lessons learned on the journey will stay with you for a lifetime (the gift that keeps on giving)
- LOVE that Martial Arts is not just a sport or a work out (even though it’s the best workout ever) but it is “Tutoring for Life Lessons”
- LOVE that it balances the body and does not focus on being Right or left side dominate (so important for ALL ages)
- LOVE that it continually challenges you mentally physically and emotionally
What’s your favorite moment working with a martial arts owner?
One of my very favorite moments was when school that I was working with shared with me that a particular young student they were having some difficulty with made a major turn in the right direction and his journey was going down a much better path in small part due to some of the guidance I provided them. The Martial Arts Studio staff and the student however did the real work, but it felt great to know that even if in small part I was able to help affect the future for young person that truly deserved a second chance…..and who of us has not been in a situation that a little grace went a really long way.
What’s your daily mantra?
Aspire to be the adult you needed when you were a kid.